Ice Melt | Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride & Rock Salt
Select an ice melt product to learn more:
Truckloads of bulk rock salt and SnowSlicer are available for delivery anywhere in Illinois or Northwest Indiana.
Please call or contact us online for delivered pricing
Snow & Ice Removal Tools
Granular Ice Melt
BIOMELT® is an ice melt product formulated with a blend of rock salt and a specially engineered product made from Corn. This unique blend is environmentally friendly and extremely effective at low temperatures. BIOMELT® will melt more snow and ice than rock salt. BIOMELT® is less corrosive than rock salt. BIOMELT® product is colored for easy visibility where applied.
- Works faster than conventional rock salt for increased safety
- Reduced rock salt usage means less corrosion and is better for environment
- Works at lower temperatures effective -20°F/-28°C
- Easy to see blue / green crystals eliminate excess application
- Product does not stain floors or carpets
- Special coating adheres to sidewalks and driveways so ice melt stays in place reducing salt use up to 30%
Available in 20lb / 9.07kg, 40lb / 18.2kg and 50lb / 22.7kg bags
Conserv FS Commercial Strength Ice Melt
4-way proprietary blend of premier ice-melting components.
- Conserv FS Commercial Strength Ice Melt Product Data Sheet (pdf)
- Conserv FS Commercial Strength Ice Melt SDS (pdf)
Conserv FS Commercial Strength Ice Melt Features:
- Designed for Illinois's Harshest Winter Conditions
- Contains RUSH Speed Enhancing Additive
- Dyed Blue For Ease of Application
Commercial Strength Ice Melt Contains:
- Sodium chloride
- Magnesium chloride
- Calcium chloride
- RUSH accelerator
50# bags, 49 bags per pallet
Environmentally-friendly deicing solution
By combining proven organic additives and a corrosion inhibitor, along with a reduced chloride formulation, ECO Balance™ performs effectively in subzero temperatures. When compromise is not an option, ECO Balance™ delivers quick melting action yet is a safer alternative for people, pets, and the environment.
- REDUCED CHLORIDE FORMULATION
- CORROSION INHIBITOR
- ORGANIC-BASED ADDITIVE
- LOW TOXICITY
- VIBRANT GREEN COLOR PREVENTS OVERAPPLICATION
- CONTAINS CMA
50# bags, 49 bags per pallet.
ECOSALT is treated with GEOMELT® 55 Liquid Organic Accelerator natural agriculture product that features snow and ice control performance superior to traditional rock salt, but is less corrosive to equipment and environment. ECOSALT effective working temperature -20°F will reduce salt consumption by 30% increasing equipment and employee efficiency.
- Anti-icing pre-storm,prevents snow and ice from bonding with pavement, making removal easier
- Deicing cuts through hardpack breaking bond with pavement, making removal easier
- Reduce application rate 30%
- Lowers maintenance costs by reduced application rates
- Reduce corrosion rate up to 60%
- Lowers operating cost by increased equipment and employee efficiency
- Reduce bounce and scatter loss during application by 80%
- Reduced application rate reduces negative impact on environment
20#, 40# and 50# bags and one ton 2,000# super sacks
Liquid Organic Accelerator
GEOMELT® 55 Liquid Organic Accelerator is a natural agricultural product that features snow and ice control performance superior to traditional brines, but less corrosive. GEOMELT® 55 is derived from renewable resources providing a sustainable and environmentally sensitive alternative. GEOMELT® 55 will reduce salt application rates by 30% and substantially reduce operating costs.
GEOMELT® 55 is highly effective salt or salt / sand stockpile treatment, prewet, anti-icing, deicing, salt stock pile preservation treatment and bulk material freeze proofing. The suggested usage levels should be considered as starting points and should be adjusted based on field operator experience, current local conditions and weather expectations.
GEOMELT® S Anti-icing/Deicing fluid is a natural agricultural product derived from renewable resources and blended with sodium chloride brine that features snow and ice control performance superior to traditional brines, but less corrosive.
GEOMELT® S will reduce salt application rates by ~30% and substantially reduce operating costs while providing a sustainable and environmentally sensitive alternative.
GEOMELT® S Anti-icing/Deicing fluid is highly effective for prewet, anti-icing and deicing. The suggested usage levels should be considered as starting points and should be adjusted based on field operator experience, current local conditions and weather expectations.
MAG (Magnesium Chloride)
The Power of Pellets - The Performance of MAG
The boring power of new MAG pellets means even faster, more effective ice melting as safe and kind to the environment as familiar MAG flakes. MAG is magnesium chloride, which melts effectively down to -13 degrees Fahrenheit, (-25 degrees Celsius), well below common ice melters. Plus, tests have shown 26 times less concrete spalling with MAG than with other common ice melters.
- Safe to the environment
- 26 times less concrete spalling compared to other common ice melters
- Safer for vegetation, pets and people.
- Less toxic than even baking soda and common table salt.
Available in pellet and flake form
Mega Melt Bagged Rock Salt
Packaged halite rock salt
Halite crystals is produced at our Lyons, Kansas salt mine. This fast-acting, snow and ice melter is economical and easy to apply. Halite crystals leaves no oily residue. Halite crystals is the naturally occurring mineral form of sodium chloride, or NaCL. Like many of Central Salt's other deicing salts, the isometric crystals are extracted from one of the Midwest's richest beds of evaporates. Mechanized mining employs mobile equipment and conveyors to blast, load and move the crystals to the surface. Particles are then crushed and screened to specifications to provide halite crystal's signature melting properties. Sodium chloride melts ice at temperatures down to its eutectic point of -6° F (-21° C). And because the most important variable of a deicer's effectiveness is not air temperature but pavement temperature, rock salt continues to be an effective deicer in many US locations through most of the winter season.
- Quickly melts snow and ice down to +5F
- Commercial strength, value conscious choice
- Uniform sized salt crystals
- Easy flow and spread application
- No oily residue
Available in 50 lbs bags
Mega Melt ProSlicer
Packaged high-performance pre-treated deicer
Mega Melt ProSlicer is a high performance, treated rock salt. Mega Melt ProSlicer is one of the best values in pre-treated deicers available. In fact, users have reported reducing their total chemical usage by up to 30 percent. Pre-treated with a liquid deicer, Mega Melt ProSlicer lowers rock salt's freezing point and eliminates the bounce usually associated with applying dry rock salt. Mega Melt ProSlicer is also treated with a carbohydrate that reduces corrosion.
- Quickly melts snow and ice down to -20F
- Pre-wet deicer means less material and fewer applications needed
- Flows freely at any temperature
- Vivid purple color is easy to see and will not track or stain
- Maintains a residual melting effect after storm event
- Safter on skin, sidewalks, leather, metal, plants, and pets when used as directed.
Available in 50 lbs bags
Pathmaker Ice Melt
As the mercury drops, ensuring a safe path in high foot traic areas require a deicing product that works quickly and provides consistent results. PATHMAKER ICEMELT is blended to produce a quick brine and continues to deliver professional results when other products cease to work.
- Melts to -15° F
- Enhanced with AMC
- 3-Chloride Blend Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride
- Easy to Spread
- Vibrant Blue Dye
- Optimal Particle Sizing Provides Maximum Melting Power
Packaged in 50# bags, 49 bags per pallet.
Power Thaw Ice Melt
High performance ice melt designed for commercial and industrial applications. Power Thaw is powerful ice melt features a unique 5-ingredient combination to provide fast industry leading ice melting performance. Calcium and Magnesium Chloride combine with AMC to assure the fastest and most effective ice and snow thaw available. Power Thaw performs at temperatures as low as -20 degrees F. Power Thaw crystals are dyed blue for easy and efficient application and even ice coverage.
- Melts Ice and snow to -20 Degrees F
- High performance for commercial and industrial applications
- Blue crystals help provide efficient application and even ice melting
- Safe for humans and the environment
- Safe for use on treated wood and concrete
Power Thaw Ice Melt Contains:
50# bags, 49 bags per pallet
Peladow 100% Calcium Chloride Ice Melt
No other ice-melt product works on snow and ice better than PELADOW™ Calcium Chloride Pellets. Customer satisfaction, comparative performance tests and scientific research prove that it's the premier choice for ice melt. With its fast melting action and cold-temperature performance, PELADOW calcium chloride is easily distinguished from other ice melters.
Peladow Ice Melt Features:
- Dual action moisture absorption and heat generation for fast snow and ice melting
- More than 90 percent calcium chloride—the most effective ice and snow melting compound
- Melts ice and snow 2 to 5 times faster than other ice melt solutions
- Melts through snow and ice 2 to 4 times faster than other materials
- Performs well even in extreme cold
50# bags, 56 bags per pallet
Quad Release Premium Ice Melter
Quad Release Premium Ice Melter Features:
- Formulated with four effective ingredients, including Calcium and Magnesium Chloride.
- Designed to outperform Salt, Urea, Potassium Chloride or combinations of these ingredients by melting to -10F and lower.
- Coated with a powerful de-icing agent that works on snow and ice faster than untreated ice melters.
- Coated with a non-staining colorant to help provide smooth and consistent coverage, even during low visibility conditions.
- Treated with organic anti-caking conditioner to provide prolonged storage with minimal clumping.
50 lbs bag
Winter Paw Ice Melt
Winter Paw Ice Melt Features:
- Safer for pet's paws
- No salt
- Environmentally friendly
- Use on sidewalks and driveways
8# jugs, 120 jugs per pallet
Wolverine 24" Snow Shovel
Wolverine 18" Snow Shovel